Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Another great Febreeze product! This I use to freshen up the furniture & carpet.
- Pick up around the house everyday. A little goes a long way
- Do dishes every morning
- Clean counter tops everyday
- Designate one day for doing laundry/ironing
- Designate one day for mopping
*A helpful trick: I pour a little bit of Pine-sol in the bathroom garbage basket. It give the bathroom a great scent, and it's especially great for when you are having company over!
Monday, November 29, 2010
It was nice to sleep in Friday --I decided no to partake in any early Black Friday Sales
I'm going to be doing most of my shopping online this year. It's just easier, and you can't beat free shipping!! After my morning coffee, husbone arrived from work and we decided to put up the tree! This will be our first Christmas tree!! We bought a nice, fluffy artificial tree from Target last week --On sale!! It was so nice to see the tree up! --Pictures to come soon!!
After assembling the tree we were still in need of some more Christmas decorations, so we headed to our local Home Depot. They had some great sales going on..I was able to score lots of decorations, and we also purchased some Christmas gifts!
Friday night we made it "Date night." I've been eyeing this one restaurant, and decided it would be nice to explore it! I got all dolled up, and headed out to dinner! Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill was delicious! The food was great! The style was unique, and everything was just fabulous! It was such great night!!
Saturday I ventured off to Jo Ann Fabrics and bought some more Christmas decorations! I had some coupons, and I was able to save $61!! --Love it!
I think I've become obsessed with this season! All I want to do is decorate!! lol! Luckily the rest of the weekend was spent relaxing, and staying in!!
Ohh and don't forget..Today is Cyber Monday! So take advantage of all those online deals!!
Bring on Monday!!!!
I'm thinking of popping this movie in my dvd player and finish decorating for Christmas! Hmm..that sounds like a great idea!!
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
We all know how stressful the holiday season can be..
That's why I love this topic! Why? Because we all need a little help. We all need suggestions to relieve that unwanted stress. --I'm looking froward to read all of your posts
Here are some of my tips/tricks to keep this holiday a budget friendly one:
- Make a list of family & friends you will be giving gifts too -- It makes it easier to cross names! Organization is key!
- Try to send Christmas cards to a majority of the people on your list. It's a inexpensive, memorable gift! -- Who doesn't like pictures?
- Set a budget for gifts!!! And follow it!
- DIY gifts! This year we will be buying mason jars and filling them with hot cocoa mix, cookie mix, and 16 bean soup mix! We will add a nice ribbon with a recipe tag!
- Buy wrapping paper from Costco/BJS! It comes in bulk and it will last you years to come!
- DIY Christmas decorations! Head to your local Michaels, and shop around for diy decorations, ornaments, ect..
- Take advantage of online sales! Cyber Monday is November 29th and many online retailer will be offering great deals + free shipping!
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
I've been very fortunate to have receive great gifts for Christmas, but the one gift that stood out the most has to be the Chi Wet to Dry Flat Iron! I can honeslty say it's been one of the most used gifts too! Santa left it under the tree 3 years ago, and since then it's never disappointed me! It saves me hair time, and most of all, it leaves my hair looking great!!!
Thank you husbone!!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
I just keep thinking about how beautiful our cards will look this year!! I pretty much leaning towards one card. That's as much as I can say!! I want it to be a surprise to all our family & friends :)
Thank you Shutterly for such a great promotion!
I will post our Christmas cards as soon as they are mailed! So stay tuned..
Jessica Simpson Katoy Platform Pump
I need a black pair of suede pumps in my closet! Preferably a size 6 1/2! I would definitely be able to wear these pumps with jeans, tights, leggings, dresses...EVERYTHING!
I love love love!
Monday, November 22, 2010
Over at Analyze this, she started this fun Christmas Challenge! Check it out & Join!
- The day after Thanksgiving, we will be setting up our Christmas tree! --We just bought our tree at Target last night. We will spend the day decorating, hanging ornaments, and switching all the Fall decorations!! wohoo! Of course all this wouldn't be possible without Christmas music!!!!!
- Christmas Eve/Noche Buena - we will spend it with husbones side of the family. We will be roasting a pig, and having a delicious meal!! It's usually a great night, filled with family & friends! We look forward for this night every year!! The food is that good!!
- Christmas Day - We will wake up very early..and open up our presents! It will be our first Christmas morning in our house. Unfortunately it will have to be quick because husbone is on duty Christmas Day. But no worries! I will be spending the rest of the day at my parents house, opening gifts there, and eating left overs! Making catch a movie? Who knows!
- The day after Christmas -- We are off to the mountains!! Every year we go and spend New Years! So I am looking forward for some cold weather, and maybe some snow :)
Friday, November 19, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
I can't begin to tell you how this made my day!
It just helps me look forward for the end of the work week, and the start of Thanksgiving home stretch! Then it's into full gear Christmas decorating!!!
I'm hoping this enthusiasm helps me get my booty moving to organization!!!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese, divided (you can use half pepper-jack cheese for great results)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 (9-inch) flour tortillas
Saute red pepper, onion and green pepper in 1/4 cup butter until crisp-tender. Add oregano, salt, garlic powder, pepper, cayenne pepper, cream and flour; blend well. Continue cooking for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add 1 1/2 cups cheese; stir until melted. Add sour cream, stir to blend. Set aside.
In another skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Saute shrimp and 1/2 cup onion until shrimp are pink. Remove shrimp and chop; return to butter and onion. Add chopped tomatoes and 1/2 of the cheese sauce. Spoon 1/3 cup shrimp mixture into each tortilla. Sprinkle cheese on top of shrimp mixture. Roll up tightly. Arrange seam side down in a 9X13-inch glass baking dish. Spoon remaining cheese sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
It's no secret that I have a huge celebrity crush on Jessica Simpson!
Ever since her show Newlyweds where she starred with Nick Lachey (Her ex husband)
I was/am still obsessed with that show! I loved how it documented their newly married lives..sigh
Anyhow, besides her show, I love the way that she has created a name in fashion! How she busted out into the fashion world with her beautiful shoes, handbags, accessories, clothing, ect!
love love love...
So here are just a few of my favorite styles! I just love her simplicity and her classic looks! So looking forward of recreating some of these style...
Leather jacket, white tank top, black handbag! Very chic..
Plaid oversized scarf, leggings, knee high boots