CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Food: Slow cooker meal

One of the perks of getting married is getting cool gifts from your wedding registry!

So Lover and I decided tonight would be the perfect night to use our new slow cooker! We started off with going to the grocery store, and buying the ingredients we needed. Next Lover prepared the meat, and I prepared all the veggies. The rest was up to the slow cooker!

8 hours later, boom! We had a meal! I decided to also make some whole grained brown rice, to compliment our meal. The end result was hearty and delicious! A success! I have a new found love for our slow cooker which I need to find a cute name for.

The following is the recipe I used. I snagged it from a web site which I don't remember.

Beef and Mushrooms

Ingredients:
2 pounds of boneless beef, cut in 3/4 inch cubes
3 tablespoons of cooking oil
3 medium carrots, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can (3 ounces) mushrooms, drained
1 teaspoon salt
1 can (18 ounce) tomato juice
2 tablespoons prepared mustard

Directions:
In a large skillet brown beef quickly in hot oil. Please carrots, onion and drained mushrooms in crock pot. Add browned meat, sprinkle with salt. Combine tomato juice and mustard. Pour over meat and vegtables in cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours. Stir the soup well before serving.

Enjoy :)


0 comments: